HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Are you ready to have the best year yet? We sure are!
Yammy Grammy always says, “new year, new possibilities!” and we couldn’t agree more.
She also has a funny tradition of making turn-of-the-calendar promises – or what some folks call New Year’s Resolutions.
Last year, her promise was to read herself a bedtime story every night after she tucked all of us in.
Guess what? She did it and she ended up reading 44 books last year! She almost beat Brocc! Isn’t that amazing?
We think it’s a super cool idea, making special promises each year that help us become smarter or healthier or happier! So, we decided that this year we were going to join in on the fun and we’d love for you to join us too!
Here are 5 fun pinky promises to help you have a healthier new year…
- Color your plate by eating 5 bright and colorful veggies each day.
- Act like a camel and guzzle 5 glasses of water every day. Add fruit slices or berries for an extra little zip.
- Be a grocery store detective. Help your mom, dad, grammy or grampie search for foods with less than 5 ingredients.
- Pretend you’re a famous rockstar and do some serious dancing every day to your top 5 favorite songs.
- Nourish your brain by learning 5 new interesting things each month.
Pick one, try them all, or make up your own and then pinky promise your best friend, sibling, parent – or in the comments below – that you’ll stick with it for the entire year!
At the end of the year, you’ll be totally amazed by all you accomplished – just like Yammy Grammy was!
So give it a try and don’t forget to tell us all about it in the comments below. It’s gonna be so totally awesome…we pinky promise!
With fist bumps & high fives,