Yessssss….school’s out, the sun’s shining bright, days are longer and the nights are warmer. That can only mean one thing: it’s SUMMERTIME! Time to kick back and enjoy some rest, relaxation and fun in the sun.
But, without school to keep us busy, we sometimes feel a little blah. Luckily, Yammy Grammy knows exactly how to help us chase away the ho-hums. Here’s a list of fun summer activities you can use to keep you busy as a bee this summer:
20 Fun Summer Activities
- Visit the beach (or lake or river or heck, even a pond!) and collect little pieces of nature
- Host a backyard luau or barbecue for your buddies
- Watch fireworks light up the nighttime sky
- Look for animals or funny shapes in the clouds
- Visit a local carnival or amusement park.
- Catch fireflies, then let ‘em go to light up the night
- Visit the library and catch up on some great new reads!
- Learn a new swimming move
- Make homemade popsicles from your favorite juice
- Set up a lemonade (or green juice) stand
- Have a water balloon fight
- Climb a tree…or two…or three
- Take a bike ride
- Make a sidewalk chalk mural
- Pack a picnic and enjoy a lazy lunch in the park
- Try a new fruit from a farmers market
- Make campfire s’mores with a grown up. Oooey, gooey, chewy, yum!
- Gather your friends for some outdoor fun! Try hopscotch, hide n’ seek, tag or rolling races down your favorite hill
- Camp out in your backyard
- Play ball!
What other fun summertime activities can you think of? Do you have any favorites? Share your ideas with us in the comments section below.
Sending you warm and sunny hugs,