Whew! We sure had a blast this summer – swimming, gardening and getting LOTS of fresh air and sunshine! Now, it’s back-to-school time, which means the air is a little crisper, the days are a little shorter, and the weather is a little cooler.
If you’re like us, between school, homework and afterschool activities, you’ve got a super-full schedule. But there’s always time for a little fun, and to help you squeeze in some playtime, we’ve created a list of some of our favorite autumn activities:
10 Fun Fall Adventures
- Pick a pumpkin in a local pumpkin patch (or watch for roadside farmer’s markets that sell pumpkins, gourds and other autumn-y goodies).
- Decorate your pumpkin with paints, markers and other crafts you might have around the house. Try different faces: scary, funny or silly!
- Visit an apple orchard to taste a variety of yummy selections from the season. Don’t live near an orchard? Check out your local grocery store and buy one of each type of apple they sell, then have a tasting party!
- Build a scarecrow out of dad’s old clothes, and stuff him with bunched up newspaper.
- Rake leaves, then have fun jumping in the piles!
- Visit a haunted house that’s not TOO scary. Bring a friend – or two or three; we bet you’ll end of having more laughs than scares!
- Take a nature walk and play I Spy to see what fall items you can find!
- Collect different types of leaves and press them into a book – or glue them onto a pretty piece of paper to make your own Autumn Art!
- Break out the board games. Chilly weather is a great time to grab a cup of green tea or cocoa and have a family game night!
- Plan your spring garden. Fall is the perfect time to plant spring bulbs, so you’ll have beautiful flowers to greet you after winter!
Now, tell us what YOU like to do in the fall! Happy Autumn!