Did you know that today is World Dream Day? After a long day, there’s nothing I like better than crawling under the covers and floating off to Dreamland. And if I ever have trouble falling asleep, I just close my eyes and think about math…all those numbers zooming around in my brain make me feel all warm and cozy and help me drift off to sleep.
In honor of World Dream Day, I thought you might like to learn a little bit about what happens when we close our eyes…and open our minds!
Did you know that:
- Everyone dreams. Some people think they don’t dream, but that’s only because they can’t remember their dreams once they’ve woken up.
- Almost 90% of our dreams are lost in the first few minutes we wake up, so if you want to remember yours, think about them as soon as you open your eyes!
- If you added up all the time we spent dreaming, it would total almost SIX YEARS!
- Most of us have between 3 and 7 dreams each night, and spend about 2 to 3 hours each night
- We’re not the only ones who dream: animals do, too!
All this dream talk has left me feeling a little…sleepy. Think I’ll just close my eyes for a few minutes to catch a quick nap….zzzzzzz….