Brocc loves mashed potatoes! A lot. He asks Yammy Grammy to make a batch of her creamy, whipped potatoes practically every night.
Sometimes she says “okay”…and when she does she makes this recipe!
Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes (or russet), peeled and
- cut into even pieces
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup cashew sour cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and add 1 tbsp sea salt.
- Bring to a low boil, simmering until potatoes are very tender. About 20-25 minutes. Do not bring to a full boil!
- While potatoes are cooking, heat almond milk and vegan butter together in small pot over medium heat. Heat until butter is melted.
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain and return to the pot. Toss over low heat until remaining moisture evaporates, approximately 2 minutes.
- Immediately mash the potatoes or put through a potato ricer.
- Once mashed or riced, slowly stir the milk/butter mixture into the potatoes. Season with more salt to taste.
- Fold in cashew sour cream (if using), until smooth. Be careful not to over mix or potatoes will become gummy.
- Serve warm.