Sometimes, you just need a little chocolate to get you through the day, and we’ve got the perfect pick-me-up for you!
Our Cacao Crispies are rich and chocolatey bite-sized nuggets of deliciousness with a perfect crispy crunch. They’re super easy to make, and we’ll bet you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen!
Try them as a lunchbox treat, an after-school snack or anytime you need a reason to smile!
- 2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Heat brown rice syrup, coconut oil, nut butter, salt, and cacao powder in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk together until melted and well combined, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add brown rice cereal and mix with spatula until the cereal is completely coated.
- Use a 1 ½ tbsp. measuring spoon to scoop out the mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate to cool and set for about 5 minutes.
- Flatten each mound or use hands to roll into balls or form into desired shapes.
- Return to fridge for another 30 minutes to fully set.