Looking for a super-easy, super-yummy summer snack to battle those afternoon hunger attacks? Our Salad Swords are the perfect weapon.
You can gather the ingredients right from your own backyard garden. Don’t have a green thumb? No worries! You can scoop up everything you need from your local grocery store’s produce section in a snap.
Just slice, slide and enjoy this sensational snack. (They also make a fun tongue-twister…say Salad Swords 10 times fast!) It’s a cool and delicious way to eat your veggies, fight hunger…and have some fun!
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 in pieces
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 head bib lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Favorite salad dressing
- Cut vegetables into rounds, pieces.
- Alternately thread bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomato, carrot and radish onto skewer.
- Arrange on platter and drizzle with your favorite dressing.
BONUS IDEA: Use fun shaped cutters to cut the vegetables.