Greetings! It is I, the Great Zucchini!
I’m just NUTS about breakfast, especially when there’s peanut butter involved. So I thought, why not combine the two as a special way to celebrate National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day?
That made me think about yummy Overnight Oats, one of my favorite nutty-flavored breakfast treats.
What’s that you say? You’ve never poofed up a batch of Overnight Oats? My dear friend, you simply MUST try them. They’re creamy, sweet, full of texture – and best of all, you add your own favorite flavors to make them amazing!
Just mix them up quickly at night, open your refrigerator in the morning, and SHAZAM! Behold the magic of Overnight Oats!
Why not try them tonight?
Nutty Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and smashed
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- Sliced fruit
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Coconut flakes
- Dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top with nut butter and a drizzle of maple or sprinkle with cinnamon and any other toppings you desire (I personally love more sliced banana or shaved coconut flakes).
Zarry, the Great Zucchini