Don’t you just LOVE autumn? It’s a real festival for your senses: the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, the bright-colored trees on display everywhere you look, the smell of bonfires drifting through the nighttime air. And nothing says “Autumn Has Arrived!” like the taste of our all-time favorite dessert, pumpkin pie.
What if we told you that you could start your day with pumpkin pie for breakfast? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, you’re in for a real treat with our Pumpkin Pie Porridge.
What better (and tastier) way to start your morning than with a yummy batch of super-easy-to-make oatmeal that tastes like dessert. Whip up a batch tonight and we promise, it will be a dee-licious morning tomorrow!
Pumpkin Pie Porridge
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- ¼ tsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- After about 10 or 20 minutes, stir the porridge – this prevents the chia seeds from clumping – then cover and return to the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped pecans.
Once you’ve had a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below!