After a full day of fun and learning at Stem Elementary, we always have a major case of the hungries…especially for some yummy after-school snacks!
We bet you feel the same way when you get home from school, right?
And really, how’s a kid supposed to tackle that MOUNTAIN of homework when there’s some serious tummy-rumbling going on?
Yammy Grammy to the rescue! Before we fly through the door with our overstuffed backpacks, Yammy’s always sure to have a healthy and delicious snack ready and waiting for us.
And, they’re sure to combat even the meanest case of the munchies!
After-School Snacks: Chickpea Crispies
- 1 15oz BPA-free can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Toss chickpeas, olive oil, salt, and pepper together.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden and crispy.