The weather has been getting colder, and the days have been getting shorter, here on Planet Planted – and when that happens, Yammy Grammy dusts off her big Dutch oven and makes us a yummy pot of Veggie Noodle Soup!
Rich, hearty smells drift through our Artichoke house and fill the air with a delicious scent. Then when Yammy calls out, “soup’s ready!” — we rush to the kitchen to warm our bellies with a bowl of goodness.
Sometimes Yammy even lets us help her stir in the veggies and add the spices.
It’s so much fun when we all cook together!
We sing songs and dance around the kitchen as we chop, mix and measure.
Maybe you and your family can cook together tonight? You can make this Veggie Noodle Soup – because it’s the perfect meal for this time of year!
AND, it also happens to be our favorite soup to eat whenever we’re feeling under the weather. One big spoonful of this warm broth is more comforting and cozy than a fuzzy blanket, and it always makes us feel much better!
VEGGIE NOODLE SOUP
- 4 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into rounds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups of veggie broth
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 cups of fusilli noodles
- 1 lemon
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Then add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic, sautéing until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Mix in the spices and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Add the veggie broth and noodles.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, until the noodles are al dente.
- Lastly, zest the lemon and add the juice of the lemon to the soup.
We hope you love it!
P.S. Don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below! 🙂